Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Mio Appartamento

Some of you have been asking me about my "living quarters" here, so I thought you
might enjoy a little look around! 

This is probably what I find most humorous about my Italian home. It's been interesting getting used to this "cozy" shower. Even though I am used to having a lot more space to shower in America, this little shower has served me quite well. It's neat to notice how we really could get by with much less than we have in America. Although I will admit, sometimes I get a little fed up with the curtain blowing on me & sticking to me all the time, & I just push it off of me as far as I can despite the water escaping to the floor. :)


I got in and closed the curtain all around me, so you would get a better idea of what it's like in there! Like I said...cozy!

Our living area...

Our kitchen area

Our little washing machine there on the bottom...I had never appreciated a dryer quite like I do now...seeing as how I don't have one here.

So you see our sink here...this is the dish drying rack, above the sink. Novel idea, right! Once you're done washing and drying the dishes, you just open the cabinet doors and set the dishes up there on the racks to dry! Handy!

Here is my room...you can see the second bed has become my "desk" :)

And here is Maira's room...this is where I just typed this blog post...with my computer halfway out her window! This is currently the only spot in our apartment where we get internet connection. She has been gracious enough to let me use her window a bit to get online. Otherwise I do everything online at the church. I am hoping to get it throughout the rest of the apartment soon :)

I am so grateful for this wonderful apartment! And for a fantastic roommate! Thank you, Lord! He is good! Speaking of my roommate, I need to vacate her premises so she can go to bed!

"Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!"
Psalm 107:8

2 comments:

  1. So glad to be able to picture you in Italy now that I've seen where you live. I love the yellow floors :) really. And the shower, wow, that's a tight fit. Can't eat too many hotdog pizzas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had so much fun visiting your apartment! That is a tiny shower!!! That curtain would probably be stuck to me at all times!

    Missing you!!!

    ReplyDelete