Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reading, writing...and UNO!

I had been adding to this post and saving it, but just remembered I still needed to publish it! Sorry! As the summer sun and warmth are coming on strong here, the kids aren't showing up in sweatshirts and scarves anymore! I thought you could still enjoy these pictures though! :)

Our after-school program finishes up here soon. We're hoping all of these kids will return for our vacation bible school/English classes this summer!

Listening intently to the story...

Keren Precious Espiritu, who is affectionately called "Lala"

 A couple of boys who are also in our class are missing from the photo. It's so hard to get a picture on a day they're all here together. We work around the kids being involved in other after-school activites besides our program. 

Hello!

My girls!

As you can see, Lala and Chiara are joined at the hip!

We had read about Jonah and the whale.
I saved their artwork on the board for a couple of weeks and we just wrote around it...
Can you see little Jonah in their mouths?


On Fridays, we quit our lessons a bit early to play games...educational games of course :) Uno is one of their favorites!
Deciding which card to play...

Victory! :)

 
The other boys weren't so excited about Junior's victory :)

This is Stella, with her adorable baby daughter. Stella helps us on certain days with the after-school program.

"Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths."
Psalm 25:4

No comments:

Post a Comment