Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello February

I can hardly believe it's already February 1st.
As I've already mentioned on this blog, it's hard for me to stay fully updated! A lot has happened here in Padova, even just in the last couple of weeks. I'm back in full swing here at the church. I've been doing my usual routine...cleaning the church, organizing, helping Steve with various secretarial tasks, and preparing for the after-school program, which starts back up this week. I taught Sunday school this past Sunday...it was great to get back to the kids here!
I've also welcomed a new roommate! Danielle arrived last week. She had been previously serving in Serbia...we're grateful to have her here in Italy! Maira, it's just like you said--you passed the baton to me! :) Amazing that I'm showing her around the city now, considering how lost I felt when I arrived.
This past Saturday we spent a good part of our day at the church helping Global University students write papers. English isn't their first language, so writing a term paper in English is a bit difficult for them.
As usual, there is a lot coming up here. This Sunday we have a big ministry team meeting after church and the next weekend ICF Padova is celebrating their 13th anniversary. Guest speakers from America will be here to hold special services and a special dinner will be on Sunday afternoon, during which Danielle and I will be babysitting the children and feeding them lunch.
We're still having our Breaking the Barriers service every Friday evening, during which Danielle and I will be taking care of any children that may be there.
We have our weekly discipleship program, which is kind of like an intense Sunday school class before church each week and another Encounter Retreat the first week of March.
Missions teams from America will be coming in March and April, and Danielle and I will soon start working on scheduling and curriculum for the big summer school in June.
I'm sure there are many more things that I don't even know about yet! Never a dull moment around here.

I've been studying the book of John this past week...and praying that He would continue to increase and I would decrease.
I've been thinking about abiding in Him and His love.
"If you keep my commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full."
John 15:10-11
I want to bear good fruit and have full joy!
Jesus, help me to love like You love.
Without Him I can do nothing.


Blessings to all of you! I so appreciate your prayers and support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment