Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quite an Update...

Sorry I haven't been blogging for awhile! I've been busy, busy! As most of you know, I was abundantly blessed by being able to go home for Christmas. It was quite the adventure getting home, as airports all over Europe were shut down because of winter weather here. Praise the Lord, I made it back to Kansas and to my grandparents' house right as they were getting in place for our annual family picture on Christmas Eve.
 It was great!
The blessings continued, as Ben got to fly back to Europe with me for a visit. We flew into Switzerland and had the privilege of staying with the Sinclair family. Mr. Sinclair was Ben's brother's boss when he worked in Spain. He and his wife were so very kind and provided us with amazing hospitality. It was quite an adventure seeing several parts of Switzerland, Austria, and then back to Italy. We enjoyed dinner with Steve & Patti the night we returned, and then headed to Rome the next day. A/G missionaries Terry & Marsha Peretti were so kind to let us stay at their house...spending time with them was one of our very favorite parts of our visit. I left Rome with an even greater appreciation that I serve and belong to Jesus Christ...that God put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church. (Eph. 1:22)
After Rome, we returned to Padova. Steve and Patti graciously allowed Ben to stay at their house. He said his favorite part of his entire trip was meeting everyone. He so enjoyed having an opportunity to meet the amazing people I have been working with and getting to know during these past few months. He was able to go to an ICF Friday night service and a Sunday service. He saw some of the children I'm working with and met lots of the families here. After spending a few days here in Padova, he was wishing he could spend a few more...to have more quality time with the people here. He left saying how wonderful and helpful it was to see where I'm at, who I'm around, and what I'm doing here. All in all, a fantastic visit! Of course I was sad to see him go, but very grateful he got to come.



Geneva, Switzerland
Reformation monument





Not surprisingly, there are clocks everywhere in Switzerland! Very handy!



Ben making his way out to the fountain...he went as close as he could to it

...and was a bit cold when he returned!

Famous clock in Bern, Switzerland
It was special to be in Bern, as some of my family on my Grandma Marilyn's side came from there


A few more Switzerland shots



Salzburg


Rome
Our first sight as we got off the metro our first morning in Rome...the Colosseum


The Roman Forum


Paul's prison cell...or Peter's prison cell as it's called in Rome

The Pantheon

We enjoyed hearing a choir sing while we were there

Spanish steps

In front of Trevi fountain

St. Peter's Basilica

Since Venice is so close, we took the train from Padova and spent a few hours there.

Enjoying some time with Vana & Gezim
Didn't get a picture with them, but Kurtis & Amy invited us over also, where we enjoyed 2 delicious meals and fun fellowship!

Praising the Lord for all of His many blessings!

"...Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb, fovever and ever!"
Rev. 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment