Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Roger & Elaine's visit

Roger and Elaine Hillegas were with us a couple of weeks ago, ministering at some of our regular services and also held a special seminar on "The Wisdom of Proverbs." Danielle and I took care of the children during the seminar on Saturday, as well as when members of ICF went out to lunch after church on Sunday to celebrate ICF's 13th anniversary.

All our kiddos we were taking care of


Roger & Elaine have been to minister in Italy and other European countries numerous times before. When they visit Padova, Steve and Patti usually take them somewhere special. This particular time they decided to go to Trieste, Italy for a couple of days and were kind enough to ask Danielle and I if we would like to ride along. Here are a few glimpses of Trieste, which is right on the coast of the Adriatic Sea. Unfortunately, it was a bit foggy so that made it difficult to see some things. That fresh sea air was so refreshing!
The rocky coast

Crystal clear water

A fun red bench

Miramare Castle

This plaque outside the castle made me feel a bit more at home

The gardens

We took a day trip from Trieste to Bled, Slovenia 
Foggy in Slovenia too!

A quaint restaurant where we enjoyed lunch

Roger and Elaine Hillegas

This was lunch for Elaine and I! Risotto with chicken and vegetables...delicious!

A castle up on the hill...church across the water

A piece of "original Bled cream cake" (see below)


I've got my tea and cream cake...I am set!

The cream cakes are made in this hotel...there is a sign outside that says more than 10 million cream cakes have been prepared in the pastry kitchen of the Park Hotel.

Trieste at night

The harbor...with lighthouse in the distance

All in all, a fun outing with Steve, Patti, the Hillegas' and Danielle. It was a good time of connection for us all. In the midst of so much going on here, it was nice to have a little break and provided us with some relaxation as well.

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. I've visited your page brought by searching for "The Miramar Castle" in Italy. Great pictures from a beautiful trip. Congratulations! Frank

    ReplyDelete