Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

In like the wind!

Well, I don't know about March coming in like a lion but it definitely came in with some wind (and even some snow this morning!) It has been extremely windy here in Padova the past couple of days. I'm used to the wind, thanks to Kansas :)
March also started with a whirlwind of activity here at the church. We've hosted another "Encounter Retreat." Tuesday everyone was here for 11 or 12 hours, and Wednesday for about 9 hours. I had already attended the retreat a couple of months ago, so I was there to help...also caught up on church secretarial work (been doing a lot of that lately!) Wednesday I had the opportunity to prepare lunch with a woman who attends our church. She graciously agreed to come in to the church to help cook for the retreat. She is affectionately called Mama Nancy by everyone here. She is an exuberant African woman, who is always making those around her laugh and smile. We had so much fun together in the kitchen. I learned some interesting tips/information from her about babies and birth, as she attended training in Africa for 5 years to be a midwife. 5 years! She knows SO much! She's had 10 children of her own too. I'm grateful for the time we enjoyed together. I loved listening to her and learning from her.
I almost forgot I taught her something too...how to make brownies! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sara! Just had to post on your blog too. Love your posts! We need to start posting more stuff too - it's been a little crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you!!! Corrie and I went to the EWoman Conference in Tulsa this weekend. I just kept thinking about our weekend last year! Next year maybe we can all go!!!
    Love you,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see your post, Whitney! :)
    And Cheri--yes!! Let's go!! Miss and love you, dear!

    ReplyDelete