Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Relaxation...English style!

Two weekends ago, I was privileged to be invited on an outing with the Gerke family...Richard, Fleur & their son, Jacob. Fleur had noticed I was a bit stressed the previous week and thought a little outing might be good for me. So off we went to Vicenza, where we stopped at this lovely lookout...
which even had free parking...quite a rare find!

The city of Vicenza



I had such a wonderful day with the Gerke's...it was just what I needed! I went with them to the US Army base there in Vicenza, where Richard works. We went to the PX, Commissary, the library...a sweet taste of home. They invited me to stay for dinner...but before we enjoyed some delicious chicken enchiladas, Fleur told me she thought I needed a nice, hot bath. So she ran the water, added some fabulously fragrant bubble bath, lit some candles, turned off the lights and ushered me in to my own little private spa. As if that wasn't enough, after dinner she got me all set up with her rice heat pack on my neck and shoulders. What royal treatment!! (Fleur is from England) :)
It was seriously just what I needed. I have been fighting serious neck pain and headaches for the past several weeks. God in His infinite wisdom and lovingkindness ordained such a wonderfully soothing day for me. Oh, how I love Him!
 And did I mention how precious their son, Jacob, is?! I'll let you take a look for yourself!


We had SO much fun together! I sat with him in the backseat of the car...so many giggles. He kept grabbing my hand and holding it...so cute!



Thank you, Fleur and Richard, for being such a blessing! I thank and praise the Lord for you!

How wonderful are His ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment