Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Abundant hospitality

These past couple of weeks, Danielle and I have been showered with such kindness and hospitality! The Calolot family invited us over for lunch after church a couple of Sundays ago....during which we enjoyed a delicious meal, great conversation, and even some karaoke to Christian hit songs from the 90's and before. :)
Thank you Oscar, Lorna, and family for such a wonderful time! 

This past week on our day off, Bruni invited me, Danielle, Denisa, and Xhuli over for lunch. She lives outside of Padova, so it was refreshing to breathe in some fresh country air! She had appetizers ready and waiting for us when we walked in. We started in on those after enjoying a tour of she & Bledi's new home. I think I remember her telling me they waited for almost 10 years to have a home of their own. I really should have taken my camera so you could see their beatiful home and the lovely meal she made for us!
After appetizers came the lasagne! It was honestly one of the best I've ever tasted...Danielle and I agreed that it was better than any lasagne we've ever eaten at a restaurant. This was just the first course...
Then came the breaded chicken fillets, spinach/pork/cheese fillets (which have a special name that escapes me at the moment), and rosemary potatoes....
Then came the insalate (salad)...
Then we could hardly think of eating dessert right away because we were so full, but later she brought out this amazing ice cream dessert called Viennetta, which looked very similar to this photo I found online...it was so good! The particular flavor she had was creme brulee. Mmmm!

What a meal! Thank you Bruni, for your wonderful hospitality and such an amazing meal.

This past Sunday, Patti invited me over to celebrate with some other friends who were coming to her house to celebrate her birthday. Another delicious meal of tortellini, some type of fish, salad, and chocolate chip cookies! Mmm! It was so kind of her to invite me. We all had a nice time of fellowship, prayer, and fun together.

There are a number of other people who have on numerous occasions invited me over, shown me such care and thoughtfulness, been such a blessing to me...

I praise the Lord for allowing me the privilege of meeting so many wonderful people from all over the world!  

He's also given us opportunities to bless others. This past Friday, a Chinese girl who is studying in Norway, showed up at the church for the dinner and Breaking the Barriers service. She was planning on staying in a hotel by herself near the train station. Patti, Danielle, and I talked it over and decided to ask if she would like to stay with us in the apartment for the weekend. She was thrilled, and thanked us for adopting her. :) Xin is 22 and was traveling in Italy for several weeks. We showed her around Padova and tried to make her feel at home. She is a sweetie, and wanted to pray for us before she left.
Blessings to you, Xin!

I also got to take Patti out for lunch on her birthday. We went to the market to buy her flowers and then enjoyed lunch at an Indian restaurant down the street from the church...yum!
The birthday girl! (We let Steve come to lunch with us too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment