Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dottoressa Denisa

I attended my first Italian university graduation a couple of weeks ago. Of course quite different from in America, and so neat to experience! One of my Albanian friends, Denisa, graduated with a degree in nursing. On the morning of her graduation, she had to present her thesis to a panel of professors. And we got to watch! Granted, I didn't really understand a word of it since it was in Italian, but I still enjoyed it! She did great!


After she finished, the professors took a few minutes to decide on the presentation grades of she and the other students who presented. After grades were given, then came lots of pictures and congratulations!



With her mom, Mimoza, and her brother, Fabio




Yah Denisa!! Congratulations!!!

Along with a graduation comes a party...which we had the next night! Lots of food, fellowship, fun and.....Albanian dancing!! :) They were so kind to teach those of us who didn't know how. I really enjoy watching them, but it was so fun to learn myself!

Xhuli with her handkerchief/kleenex :)

Lessons from Denisa...

And lessons from Vana

Some of the SFC girls with our card we gave Denisa. We also went in together to get her the traditional wreath she wore on her graduation day (pictured above).

Bruni finally agreed to dance with her husband, Bledi. She's really shy, and got such a kick out of watching us try to learn how to dance! It's pretty exhausting! She kept asking me, "can you imagine 5 hours of this?!" Traditionally, Albanians dance for at least 5 hours during their wedding celebration.

Beautiful Bruni....it was so fun to watch them!

What a wonderful time with such wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment