Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Arrivederci Joel & Melody!

It seems like I'm doing good if I get a post on here a week or two after something happens! So keeping in line with that, the weekend of December 4th and 5th was a busy one! Full of changes...God changing people's lives at an Encounter retreat, and life here in Padova changing as Joel & Melody returned to America. Saturday started very early as we headed to the hostel in Monselice to get everything set up before people started arriving. The retreat started at 9 AM. Patti, Melody & I had been busy earlier in the week preparing three meals to take to the hostel for lunches and dinner throughout the weekend. Saturday and Sunday were full of teaching and breakout sessions, worship, and prayer. We had powerful reminders of the Cross, who we are in Christ, how important it is to obey His word, healing and restoration. God did some great work in the lives of everyone there! The retreat ended Sunday evening. We then headed to Steve & Patti's to enjoy one last evening with Joel and Melody. We had dinner together, played games, and enjoyed some great fellowship.
I miss them!! It was such a joy to get to know them, and serve together here in Italy. We are amazed that although we lived so close to each other in the States, we met in Padova, Italy!
Outside the villa

With their sweet potato casserole to take to the Thanksgiving dinner

I love this pic of them in Verona

Here we are in Venice

At my birthday/their & Maira's going away lunch with Steve & Patti


Melody & I with our after-school program kids

We had an Arrivederci party for them at the church...during which we also decorated for Christmas.
Joel & Vana hanging lights

Casey, looking very ornery with the cookies Vana and I made for the party

Melody getting some love from her girl, Lala

Daniel with the Christmas tree!

Smile, Isabella!

Lovely & Diane

Vana & Melody

Tre amiche

And suddenly Vana is taller than us! :)

Mel with Nicoletta

With Xhuli, our friend and Italian teacher!

Sporting our boots :)

The lovely couple

Miss you guys!! I look forward to seeing what God does in your lives!
You are in my prayers!

"Great is Your faithfulness.
'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul,
'Therefore I hope in Him!'"
Lamentations 3: 23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment