Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mountain Outing

Among many of my blessings here in Italy has been the Denton family. From the day I arrived, they have included me, checked on me, and helped me transition. Two months later, the story hasn't changed! Especially with Maira leaving, they wanted to make sure I didn't "sit at home alone all the time." So they have included me on their family outings these past two weekends. 
The Saturday after Thanksgiving I went with them to Rovereto, where we saw a World War I memorial for 20,000 soldiers and played in the snow. For her birthday, their middle daughter, Isabella, had asked to go to the mountains. So off we went!
A trail that Amy saw online to see dinosaur tracks...as you can see with the snow, we didn't see much of anything.

It was beautiful though...and good exercise!




The girls enjoyed making snow balls...

and snow angels!

Here is the WWI Memorial...

There were numerous hallways like this one with thousands of names

Kurtis was showing me the fossils in the marble floor
There was an old fortified trench at the base of the memorial






After exploring Rovereto, we headed back to their house. They invited me to stay for dinner. This whole time they also had a friend visiting them and staying with them for the weekend. They were so thoughtful to include me!

 The evening finished and one would think I was in America instead of Padova, Italy. We roasted marshmallows in their fireplace and made S'mores! I was thrilled!

Their eldest, Ariana, and I with our marshmallows
Marshmallows are hard to come by here in Italy, so I counted myself very blessed!

 Amy, and the girls

As if the evening could get any more American, it did! The Dentons are from Arkansas and so is their friend who was visiting them. They happened to get a sport channel that was airing the Arkansas Razorback football game. I could hardly believe it...there I was in Padova, Italy eating a S'more and watching the Hogs. (I know my family members in Arkansas will just love this!) :) 

Thank you Lord for the Denton's! May you bless them abundantly...they have been such a blessing to me!

2 comments:

  1. all the snow! wow.

    I'm thankful for that family, too. It's WARMING to read what a blessing they've been to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hasn't snowed in Padova yet...so up north was my first snow experience here in Italy.
    Yes, the Dentons have been so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete