Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Monday, December 13, 2010

'Tis the Season

Christmas will soon be here! On Monday, December 6th, I was blessed to be invited on another Denton family outing. This time we headed off to Bolzano, Italy which is way up north in the mountains. It's actually in the part of Italy that used to be Austria, so it still has a considerable amount of German influence. Along with this comes some very neat Christmas markets during this time of year! They have all kinds of little booths set up selling different types of foods, drinks, and Christmas goods...everything from ornaments and candles to gloves and hats...




The Denton family in front of a neat wooden nativity there in Bolzano


Another American girl who is attending the university here in Padova went along with us. She is from California, so she hadn't really experienced snow like she did this particular day. She was so excited! :) During our trip there, we stopped at a gas station and she got out and was taking pictures and recording the snow.

Her name is Jenna, and it was really great to get to know her better!

Jenna and I with Isabella, Ariana, and Nicoletta

Warming up and enjoying some hot chocolate...

and then enjoying the best apple streudel I've ever tasted!

After the Christmas market, we stopped by Thuniversum, a huge ceramics store and museum. Apparently, these ceramics are very well-known and Bolzano is where this company started.

What a wonderful day! I feel so blessed that I was invited to join the Denton's on another family outing. It was so great to spend more time with them, and with Jenna. Praise the Lord for His provision and the many blessings He pours out to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment