Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Missing Maira...

Just as the weather has been changing and getting colder here, so has life been changing. Maira moved back to Brazil on November 26th, making my life here a bit different. I miss her bright smile and hilarious comments. I miss conversations with her and discussing things of the Lord. I miss cooking together and strolling through Padova. For only having known her a couple of months, she felt like a sister. She taught me so much, and I had such fun with her. Even though it was hard to say goodbye, I am exceedingly grateful for the opportunity to know her and the time God gave us together. She helped me in so many ways and was such a HUGE blessing in my life. We plan to stay in touch, and hope to see one another again someday! Thank you for everything, Maira! I miss you!!!
On our lovely couch in our lovely apartment

Vana, Maira, & I on my birthday
In Firenze!

She picked a few Florentine olives

We threw her a big graduation/goodbye party at the church

With the kiddos

Apparently this is a graduation tradition here...to hit and kick the graduate while they run through :)

Another graduation tradition...to write a special "poem" (they have another name for it here) about the graduate and their life. Vana & I wrote one for Maira, and I read it at her party

Everyone watching the slide show Vana made for her

The yummy treats

Notice the orange, her favorite color

There were so many of Maira's friends and church family who came to wish her well and celebrate with her.
We love and miss you, Maira!
Arrivederci!

"...For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, 'My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure.'"
Isaiah 46:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment