Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adjustments

I'm trying to catch you up on this past week. I'm so grateful the Lord is with us through everything, and faithful to help us adjust. It's been more challenging than I expected. I was extremely sleep-deprived...I had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep the night before I flew out. I didn't sleep on the flight to Philadelphia or Venice at all either. Then when I arrived in Italy at 9 AM, everyone told me to stay up for that first day so I could sleep during the night. That all worked out great...except for the sleeping during the night part. I just couldn't fall asleep. Emotions, hormones, and exhaustion were still taking their toll. I was desperately missing everyone back home. My body was experiencing serious jet lag. For my first 96 hours here in Italy, I probably got about 8-10 hours of sleep. At times, my mind seemed to be going crazy. Negative thoughts, doubts, confusion....Each night I would get out my journal, open my bible, and spend time in prayer with the Lord. Verses like "My eyes are awake through the night watches, that I may meditate on Your word" took on a whole new meaning! My heart was very troubled, but He led me to the Rock that is higher than I. He draws me closer in the midst of heartache and difficulty. He has been faithful to reveal Himself to me and help me to adjust. Thank you all for your prayers!
One of the Lord's greatest blessings upon my arrival... this is Maira, my roommate. I am so grateful I didn't have to move into an empty apartment and live alone. She has immensely helped me adjust. I praise the Lord for you, Maira! 

No comments:

Post a Comment