Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In Fair Verona

Last Monday, Joel, Melody, and I went on an adventure to Verona...and what a grand time we had! The air was crisp and fresh, the streets and sidewalks not nearly as crowded with tourists like Venice.

Below is their Arena, one of the most well-preserved ampitheaters in the world. Opera performances are still held there today.

We enjoyed lunch in a beautiful piazza, where the next three pictures were our surroundings as we ate a delicious meal outside... 



We then walked to Piazza delle Erbe, where we were able to go up into a tower to see the city. I believe it was the Lamberti Tower...we paid to ride a lift part of the way up, then continued up the stairs to get to the top. It was breathtaking! Not just walking up the stairs, but the view! :)

See the mountains in the distance?!

And so much green...beautiful!

There is pink marble all over Verona...like these stairs are made out of.

We stopped by Juliet's house, of course.

The window...

We then ventured on to Castelvecchio, a 14th-century fortified castle...

which had the most beautiful moat I've ever seen!

I was quite intrigued with these intricate posts at the top of this railing.


The view of the Aldige River was beautiful from a bridge adjoining the castle...

Here I am on the bridge...

The bridge and castle are made from red bricks.

What a wonderful time we had in beautiful Verona! 

"But You, O LORD, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head."
Psalm 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment