Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

We're all learning...

As you can imagine, the kids I'm working with are precious. Yes, I'll let you see for yourself! :)
When they arrive, we start with snack time.


Then we move to group story time....by the end of the week and usually sooner, the older children can read the story to the other children.

We then split up into individual classes, based on their reading/English skills. Here is my class! Melody and I work with this group. They aren't all pictured because some of them don't come everyday. Having different children each day makes it a bit more difficult to plan lessons and all move along smoothly together, but we make it work!

We teach them a Bible story each week, a memory verse, and usually talk about different vocabulary words from the story. Then we do different activities to teach them phonics and work on English and reading skills. They have special workbooks they're working on, and we also have A Beka readers to go over together. They enjoy doing flash cards, games, and reading stories to us. Since they only come on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 4-6:30 pm our time seems to go pretty quickly.

This is Junior...he is so eager to learn! I love seeing his face as we're reading a new Bible story, and even the way he lights up as I turn over a new flash card. He loves to learn, and gets so excited when he gets a word right or remembers something from the story. Our kids are doing great at remembering their phonics, and sounding words out to read stories on their own.

The last part of our time together is spent dancing and singing to kids music videos, usually Hillsong Kids Live Worship. They love it! Melody & I are still trying to learn all the actions and words to the songs from Maira, who has helped with the after-school program for the past 2 years. The kids know the songs so well they could practically teach us!




Melody and I planning our lesson and getting everything prepared. We've also been working on making lots of flannel pictures to go with new books Patti brought back from the States.

Like I said, they are precious!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful, Sarah! The kids look wonderful! I really want to see Verona now! I am so proud of you, girl!

    ReplyDelete