Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hello Italy!

Wow! I've officially been here in Italy for 13 days now. And what a journey it's been! My welcome was a bit rough. To my pleasant surprise, I arrived about an hour early in Venice and my 2 bags came out together soon after my arrival. I then proceeded to go to the area where I thought I would meet the missionary picking me up. After standing there for almost an hour, I decided maybe I was in the wrong place! I tried asking different people outside and inside the airport for help...to no avail. I tried calling on a credit card pay phone...it didn't work. I then tried not to panic as certain realizations set in...I was at Marco Polo Int'l airport alone with an American cell phone that didn't work. I don't speak Italian, I have no euros, and I don't even know what type of vehicle the missionary drives or where she would be parked! The one sure thing I knew to do--pray! I thanked the Lord that He goes before me and behind me. I asked Him to connect the missionary and I somehow. I thanked Him for His protection, guidance, and that the angels concerning me are guarding me in all my ways. It's really sobering to be in a foreign country alone, disconnected from everyone, but to trust in the assurance that He is always with me. You're probably wondering how the story ends, right? As I was leaving the "Help Desk" (reflecting on how I really hadn't been helped at all), I saw Patti standing there. Her back was to me, but I just knew it was her. My tears welled up as she turned. All my exhaustion, emotions, and relief came flooding out as she said, "Sarah?" I just nodded and said, "I am so glad to see you." She told me she had been standing in that spot for the past hour...that she must've gotten there only about 10 minutes after I had already walked by that area.
Aren't you so grateful the Lord never leaves us or forsakes us? I am!
"For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."
Psalm 91:11
"So we may boldly say: 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?'"
Hebrews 13:6
"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."
Psalm 34:4

No comments:

Post a Comment