Where you lead, Lord, I will follow. As most of you know, He currently has me in Padova, Italy. I am on a MAPS missions assignment through Assemblies of God World Missions. Here are some reflections of my experiences here in Padova. Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers and support. All praise, honor, and glory are to Your name, Lord. I am forever grateful for Your grace and love.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

My First Outing

Three days after I arrived, Patti (one of the missionaries I'm serving with here) decided to take myself and the other 2 MAPS volunteers on an outing to Cittadella and Bassano. We usually get Mondays off, so we're free to travel somewhere if we choose to. She wanted to spend some time with us, so she drove us to Cittadella first. It's quite the city. I'll let you see for yourself...



I read that Cittadella was erected in 1220, and the four gates correspond roughly to the points on a compass. The walls are still intact except for a stretch destroyed in the 16th century during the Cambrai war. Amazing!
Here are some photos from Bassano...I think what made most of an impression on me in this city was the devastation it has endured. That sign on the tree below shows the name of the person hung right there in 1944. There are more signs just like that one all along that street, either on trees or posts, remembering the lives of those who were killed there.


You can still see the bullet holes on the sides of these buildings.


I was still a little out of it since I had arrived only 3 days before we went on this little outing, but it was great to spend some time with Patti, as well as Joel & Melody, the other Americans who are here helping right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment